Use of Art and Logo’s
Payment & Delivery
Requirements/Submission Guidelines for Programs
Deadlines & Specs
Conditions For Advertising
Continuity & Frequency
Contract and Copy
Average Monthly Circulation
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
(Terms and Conditions are subject to change without notice. If you have ANY questions, please call our office 818.762.0484)
FOOTLIGHTS PUBLISHING INC.
FootLights Printed Programs
All Footlights magazines are comprised of the following:
- 4 color cover
- grayscale client program copy in 4 page increments (and at Footlights’ discretion)
- 4 color wrap inserted between the cover and program content.
- Additional pages may be added at Footlights’ discretion.
- Programs may be ordered in any combination of 4-page units, in incremental quantities of 500 or more.
- Minimum quantity on all orders and reorders is 500 copies (However, smaller quantities of programs may be special ordered)
- Custom Program orders – quoted on per case basis
- Shipping and delivery charges not included
Please see Program Price Sheet for current pricing. Due to the fluctuating nature of paper costs – program pricing may be adjusted accordingly without notice.
As the cost of production is in the set up, please order the total number of programs you think you will need to reduce any possible extra charges. Order amounts may be adjusted up to 10 days prior to delivery date. Thereafter, there is an additional fee to change your order.
If an initial order is LESS than 50% of House Capacity for the run of your show and programs are re-ordered. a re-plate charge of $100 will be applied to the reorder above standard charges.
Program content – 4/8/12/16/20/24/28 (and up in increments of 4) pages of black and white/grayscale.
If you are unable to create PDFs, please lay out your programs as a Microsoft Word Document. Please note the following restrictions:
- All images used within show content section of program, must be in grayscale with proper contrast balance. If color images are submitted, we will convert them to grayscale at the rate of $5 per image. We will then subsequently send a proof of the program for approval with a $15 processing fee.
- Color images may be reproduced in color at additional customs charges.
- Do not apply special characters.
- Do not format or use tabbing to add extra space your program. Do not insert image files.
- Use italicized font and parenthesis to indicate if you would like special justification.
- All instructions should be within the document appropriately placed. For example: (center this line)
All art files and photos should be sent separately and labeled with show title and version number to email@example.com . Standard File conversion charges will apply.
Use of Art and Logo’s
Client guarantees that any elements of text, graphics, photos, designs, and images or other artwork furnished to FootLights, Inc. for inclusion in the program are owned by the client, or client is otherwise authorized to utilize the same as part of the program. Client agrees to defend, indemnify and hold FootLights, Inc. free and harmless with respect to any alleged infringement arising out of the use or inclusion of any such client-provided elements as part of the Program. The Footlights Inc. logo, Footlights Logo and GoFootlights are owned and copyrighted, and the use of the logo on the cover of the program in conjunction with the production artwork constitutes an original artwork, for purposes of copyright and are wholly owned by Footlights, Inc. No use of the FootLights logo may be used without the express written release by FootLights Inc.
All advertising, print, web, social media advertising buys have specific terms and conditions for your understanding. Please refer to available documentation if you have any questions.
Payment & Delivery – Via Cash, Check or Credit Card.
- All payment and credit terms noted herein apply to all services of FootLights Publishing, Inc. and any subsidiary or division so noted.
- All invoices must be paid or arrangements made for payment prior to initial delivery. Should you wish to arrange for terms, a credit card must be kept on file. The credit card will then be used if the outstanding balance is not paid within 45 days.
- All invoices will be assessed a 2% per month finance charge on all unpaid balances due over 30 days.
- Standard terms of delivery are FOB (freight out bound).
- All invoices paid by credit cards will incur a 3% service charge added to the total.
Mechanical Requirements/Submission Guidelines for Programs
- PDF – PDF/X-1a- All art submissions provided to us electronically should be sent in PDF format. When submitting files in PDF format, please send cover art and program content in two separate files. All files should be labeled with the show title, do not use ‘footlights’ as part of the filename.
- Content file should be sent as one PDF document, please note that the page order in the file is the page order that will be published in your program. All content must be divisible by 4, i.e. 4, 8, 12, 16, 20,…. must be the page count. When submitting your .pdf files, choose ‘Embed all fonts’ when saving.
- If Adobe InDesign is used, please export your InDesign file using PDF/X-1, a PDF preset.
Deadlines & Specs
Deadlines are firm, and if not met will result in late delivery and/or late charges. With each order, a notification of deadlines is sent to all interested parties. Additionally, there are notifications sent prior to due dates. The only exception to deadlines are those negotiated and authorized by Footlights. Close of business on deadline dates will be enforced. All content and cover materials MUST BE SENT to Advertising to be received, processed and confirmed.
Late fees and Rush charges
1-3 days past deadline $100 Late Fee
4-7 days past deadline $100 Late Fee plus $100 rush charge
8 days or more past deadline, each day is an additional 100% of fees.
All program content files must be submitted in final approved format, no later than the Monday of the week prior to the Thursday pickup (11 days.). All programs are ready to pickup or ship on Thursday. If you have a delivery requirement earlier than Thursday, use deadline schedules for the prior Thursday.
If Footlights is doing the typesetting, please submit all material for the program at least 15 days prior to delivery to assure sufficient time for layout and proofing. Your page content MUST be in multiples of 4 to layout properly.
- Print, web, mobile, social, and e-blast ad cycles are monthly.
- Ad deadline is always the 15th of the month prior to the month of insertion.
- Only paid ads are guaranteed insertion. Acceptance of art materials for all other advertising does not imply assurance of insertion.
- Please visit footlights.click for ad submission schedule and deadlines.
All ad placement is subject to space availability, art submission timeliness, account status and approval of the publisher. Acceptance of art materials for complimentary advertising does not imply assurance of nor guarantee insertion.
Conditions For Advertising
Credits and short rates: Advertiser places more advertisements within contract year than originally contracted and advertiser is eligible for lower rate, advertiser will receive eligible frequency discount on the new contract. If the advertiser has not used the full amount of advertising contracted for, a short rate will be charged.
Cancellations are not accepted after the space closing date, five weeks prior to the date of issue. Cancellation request must be submitted in writing prior to the closing date. If space is reserved and materials do not arrive by press time, advertiser will be billed for space.
Publisher is authorized to repeat advertisement if new copy is not received by material deadline.
If a multiple schedule of advertising is placed via an insertion order, and issue months for advertising are not indicated, publisher will assume ads will run consecutively unless notified in writing before closing date.
Position of advertisements will be guaranteed only when premium is paid. Special requests will be acknowledged and a courtesy extended when possible.
A signed, dated insertion order or contract must be received by the closing date for each issue, unless Condition (4) applies.
Any typesetting, design, or production done by FootLights, Inc. will be billed to the client. Prices for these services are available upon request. FootLights, Inc., takes no responsibility for errors. Client is liable for the ad if typesetting is done by FootLights, Inc.
Publisher will not be bound by any conditions printed or otherwise appearing on any insertion order or contract when they conflict with the terms and conditions of FootLights, Inc., policies for accepting advertising.
All advertisers must pay in advance or make arrangements for credit before the ad is run.
The Advertising Director, Publisher, and/or the Editorial Board of FootLights, Inc. reserve the right to refuse any advertisement.
Artwork will be retained for a 12-month period following the last insertion. Advertiser must request prior to the end of the 12-month period for return of art.
All invoices aged 60 days or more will incur a 1.5% monthly service charge.
Advertisers who submit material electronically may incur production charges if the material does not meet printer’s specifications.
FootLights Programs – Four Color Print, 1-Time 3-Time 6-Time 9-Time 12-Time. Premium Positions: Subject to Space Availability
Cover Inside Front & Cover Inside Back: Earned four color rate plus 10%. Back Cover is earned rate plus 15%. Time dated material is discouraged for any cover position.
Please contact Advertising for rate card. Retail and Fashion rates—85% of earned rate
Continuity & Frequency
1-, 3-, 6- and 9-time insertions are subject to discounts for insertions in any of the following months:
July 10%, August 15%, December 8%.
The 12-time rate is pre-discounted consistent with these monthly percentages and is not subject to further discount.
Average Monthly Circulation 55,000 (see seasonal adjustments above)
In addition to traditional retail stores, the following categories are eligible for the Retail Rate: Stock Broker, Real Estate.
Bleed* Non-Bleed: Please see advertising Size Chart *Included in rates for pages, spreads and half pages.
Bleed requirement: Bleed materials must provide a safety margin of 1⁄8” additional from all edges. Live matter on pages cannot exceed 4 7⁄8 x 8. Gutter safety is 1⁄4”.
Hi-Res PDF’s or PDFX/A or PDF/X compliant files are preferred. InDesign, Photoshop and Illustrator files are accepted. Graphics, logos, pictures etc. must be saved as PDF or TIFF files and should sent flattened with fonts embedded. Native files must include all used fonts (screen and printer). All colors must be converted to CMYK. All ads can be uploaded Advertising. Contact Art department for further information.
- All ads must be accompanied by an insertion order. Supplied proofs must be actual size with no corrections noted. FootLights is not liable for final output of ads not submitted to requirements
- Density of tone: The sum of percentages of tone value should not exceed 300% with not more than one color printed solid. Single color tonal values greater than 85% should be considered solid.
- Solid Black: To achieve good, rich, solid black the following undercolor percentages of tone are recommended: 60% Process Blue, 40% Process Red, 40% Process Yellow.
- To facilitate register, reverse type should be “spread” in subordinate colors.
- For questions about file formats, specialty fonts, software, or any specifications, please contact our art Department.
- Issuance and Closing Dates
All editions are printed to be available for delivery on the 1st of each month.
Closing date for insertions is the 15th of the month preceding the month of issue. Non-cancelable insertion orders for Premium Positions are due the first of the month, 3 months preceding the month of issue.
- Closing date for material is the 15th of the month preceding the month of issue.
- Space Availability to be determined on the 12th of the month preceding the month of issue.
- No contract insertion orders or copy changes will be accepted without written confirmation.
All production materials for FootLights should be submitted to:
2321 Scott Rd.
Burbank, CA 91504
email: Click Here or Call: 818-762-0484 ext 1
Advertising is exclusively solicited by the representatives of FootLights Publishing, Inc.
Contract and Copy
Contract period is 12 consecutive months. All contracts subject to increases in rates and applicable rate protection, if any. When new rates are announced, such announcement will be made 3 months prior to effective date.
Publisher reserves the right to exclude any advertisement which, in its opinion, does not conform to the standards of the publications.
All advertisements are accepted and published upon the representation that the agency and/or advertiser is authorized to publish the entire contents and subject matter thereof. In consideration of the publisher’s acceptance of such advertisements for publication, the agency and/or advertiser will indemnify and hold the publisher harmless from and against any loss or expense resulting from
claims or suits based upon the contents or subject matter of such advertisements, including, without limitation, claims or suits for libel, violation of right of privacy, plagiarism and copyright infringement.
All orders are accepted subject to labor disputes, accidents, fires, acts of God, or other contingencies beyond the publisher’s control (whether like or unlike any of those enumerated herein) which prevent the publisher from partially or completely producing or distributing any of the listed publications. Further, the publisher shall not be liable for damages if there is failure to publish an advertisement for any reason.
Failure to make insertion orders correspond in price and otherwise with the rate schedule is regarded only as a clerical error and publication is made and charged for upon the terms of the schedule in force without further notice. Any production material submitted and accepted after the closing date for the submission of such material will be printed as submitted and billed accordingly.
No contract, insertion orders or copy changes will be accepted without written confirmation. Only those conditions appearing in the publisher’s acceptance of advertising orders are binding upon the publisher. Publisher will not be bound by any condition of any nature appearing on order blanks or copy instructions submitted by or on behalf of the advertiser when such condition conflicts with any provision contained within its Rate Card or with the magazine’s policies.
All advertisements must be clearly identifiable as such with the trademark or signature of the advertiser, or the word “Advertisement” shall be placed with copy which in the publisher’s opinion resembles editorial copy.
Frequency discounts are earned for space used within a 12 month period.
Retail and fashion insertions may be combined or frequency within a 12 month period.
Advertising schedules comprised of mixed space units of standard sizes earn frequency discount only for the number of insertions of the same unit of space in a contract year.
Cancellations will not be accepted after applicable closing date for insertion orders. Verbal cancellations must be confirmed in writing the same day. Publisher accepts no liability for verbal cancellations.
Where a special position has been guaranteed for a contract year, cancellation of any portion of guaranteed position contract must be received in writing at least 90 days prior to effective cancellation date. Where a special position has been guaranteed for one or more months, cancellation of such insertions must be received in writing at least 90 days prior to the first day of month of issue.
Publisher is not responsible for errors in key numbers or other typesetting done by publisher.
Charges for mechanical work not subject to agency commission. Premium charges for gatefolds and other special advertising units are commissionable.
Publisher reserves the right to assign delinquent accounts to established collection services. All invoices so assigned are not subject to agency discount. Agency commissions are considered earned only if invoices are paid without collection expense.
Advertisers placing insertions in any calendar year are eligible for rate protection for the first three months of the subsequent calendar year.
Advertising is included in all editions published in the month of insertion. Some editions may continue to be distributed at performances in the first days of the immediately following month.
Publisher must prior confirm all position requests. In some regions, position implementation may vary from edition to edition due to limited pagination.
Publisher must prior confirm requests for intervening pages (“Gapping”) between competitive products greater than a minimum guarantee of two intervening spreads. In some regions, implementation of a Gapping commitment greater than two intervening spreads may vary from edition to edition due to limited pagination.
Average Monthly Circulation
The immediately preceding three year’s figures are averaged to form the current base figure. This is appropriately adjusted for changes in theatre services, construction and other known factors affecting circulation at the time of rate card publication. This circulation projection is to serve as a guide for advertisers. It is not a guarantee.
Publisher guarantees to provide complete service to theatrical attractions at listed theatres. Actual circulation experience varies from year to year. Publisher adds theatres wherever practical to support circulation projections. If distribution to listed theatres falls significantly below average monthly circulation projections, compensating circulation will be provided as possible and applicable in additional markets and/or increased size of space for future insertions.
Advertising Agency Commission
Agency Commission: 15 %
Bills are rendered on the last Monday of the month prior to month of issue and payable on the 10th of the month of issue.