The Hollywood Fringe Festival has released final numbers on its 2016 event:
- The Festival sold over 56,000 individual tickets.
- Ticket sales have increased more than 300% since the inaugural festival (2010).
- The festival sold an estimated $447,000 in tickets this year.
- Approximately 60% of all tickets were “Fringe-sold” (sold directly through the Fringe’s website and box office) and the remaining 40% of transactions were “venue-sold” (sold at the door of participating venues). No matter where tickets were sold, all sale monies ($447,000) are returned to the Fringe artists and venues.
- In its seven year history, Hollywood Fringe has returned over $1.8 million to artists.
- 296 productions participated in the 2016 event (up 64% since 2010), mounting 1,554 performances at 50 spaces throughout central Hollywood.
- 1,453 artists and producers participated in the 2016 Hollywood Fringe.
The next Hollywood Fringe Festival is less than 11 months away!